National Ambulance Confirms Readiness for Fog and Calls on Motorists to Be Extra Cautious During Foggy Conditions
20 Jan 2021
Abu Dhabi, 20 January 2021: National confirmed it has raised emergency preparedness and taken the required proactive measures in readiness for fog which have been covering large parts of the country and resulting in poor visibility on many roads. With fog a major factor in causing accidents on the , National calls on motorists to be extra cautious and stay focused while driving during foggy conditions. The pre- emergency care provider also stressed the importance of checking the weather forecast and the traffic movement on the roads, as well as ensuring the vehicle’s readiness and safety before driving.
Al Hajeri said: Fog represents a serious hazard to all users in the UAE. Failing to drive safely during foggy conditions usually results in consequences that can threaten users’ safety and endanger lives, so I urge all users to support collaborative efforts to ensure safety on the roads by both acting responsibly and being extra cautious when driving in such conditions.” He added that there are steps motorists can take to ensure safe driving if they must drive in foggy conditions to protect the safety of all users:
- Be extra cautious and stay focused on the
- Put away all distractions and abide by traffic rules
- Slow down while driving and allow extra time to reach your destination
- Avoid using high-beam headlights in fog and turn on your low-beam or fog headlights instead to help other drivers see you
- Do not drive with your hazard lights on
- Keep a more than usual safe distance from other vehicles
- Use the lines on the as a guide
- Use windshield wipers and turn on front and rear window defroster to restore visibility
- Avoid overtaking other vehicles or sudden change of lanes and use indicators ahead of time before changing lanes
- Never stop in the middle of the and in the event of thick fog or inability to continue driving, find a safe place to away from the and traffic
- Ensure your vehicle is regularly maintained.
National provides emergency pre- care in the Northern Emirates through the dedicated 998 emergency number and NA 998 application. Its primary task is to handle public medical emergency response and provide high standards of emergency pre- care to citizens, residents and visitors across the Emirates of Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah and Fujairah.